Katies Studying Abroad

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Guagua v. Mack Truck

Today was our first attempt at riding a guaga (taxi bus) alone on the way home from our service site, Hospicio. We were feeling very good - we got to the right stop, a guaga came pretty quickly and we were off! It was crowded (more than 20 people) but we were all able to get on. I was nearly hanging out the door on the side but then one of the attendants stood outside the open door and protected me from falling out. I did comment to Jen that at least we were close to hospital if I fell out! Jen and I were facing backward and we spotted our landmarks - we were almost back to ILAC. Then, suddenly, a giant mack truck was barreling toward us from behind. I was thinking, "Yikes!", we could be in trouble now! Fortunately, after some squeeling tires and swerving of the truck behind, it was a near miss. Now we are sure to be ready for anything when riding the guagas! We can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment